Different types of expansion joints in bridge construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Expansion joints of bridges are provided to retain continuity among two segments of the structures which remain in relative moments due to thermal deformation, creep, shrinkage and displacement/deflection of the structures against traffic load.
Expansion joints should have the ability to adapt all movements of the deck slab.
Types of expansion joint depending on movement
Small movement joints – Adapt total motion up to 45 mm.
Medium movement joints – Adapt total motion up to 45 mm to 130 mm.
Large movement joints – Adapt total motion surpassing 130 mm.
Type of small movement joint (On the basis of construction)
Sliding plate joints – They are useful for short and medium span bridges. These joints are structurally easy and inexpensive in cost.
Compression seal joints – These seals are flexible and considerably economical and easy to replace.
Asphaltic Plug Joints – They arrange smooth roadway surface for traffic. They have good resistant capacity against water and snow. No debris is accumulated at the top of the joint.
Poured Sealant Joints – It is user-friendly and self leveling. It can be set in quickest possible time and it is ideal for rehabilitation or repair project. It exposes good elastic properties over an extensive range of temperature deviation.
Also Read: Download Bridge Slab Spreadsheet
Type of medium movement joint (On the basis of construction)
Strip seal joints – If the strip seals are installed perfectly, they considerably provide superior performance. Damage seals are easily substituted with least traffic disruptions.
Finger plate joints – It can adapt all the structural movements both horizontally and vertically. They are suitable for medium & long span bridges. They contain a superior riding quality devoid of any risks to any road users.
Silent and skid & vibration free in operation. Inspection, maintenance, repair or substitution can be done easily.
Type of large movement joint
Bolt-down panel joints – They are fabricated in dissimilar widths proportional to the total permissible movement range.
Modular Elastomeric seal joints – These joints offer water resistant and vehicular load transfer over wide expansion joint openings and performance of these joints at several locations is satisfying.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free