Details guidelines on bridge construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
When it is required to erect a bridge, initially, design the is created and sanctioned, the raw-materials is collected, the timeline and planning of the bridge is set and the construction of the bridge is started.
In modern bridge, steel as is considered as the prime raw-material to add advance features in the construction. Steel construction is economically preferred and it contains high durability and efficiency.
Besides, it is a sustainable, reusable, and is secure material and elegantly appealing for the society. Given below, step-by-step methods for steel bridge construction.
1. Setting the Foundations
The outline and setup of the foundation for a bridge is based on the type and quality of soil existing at the site of the bridge. The site should be thoroughly examined for accessible soil type and the foundation requirement is calculated consequently. The nature of the soil and the entire site analysis will be dependent on the construction of the foundation and the number & arrangement of the TMT rods to retain the strength of the finished bridge.
2. Construction of the Pillars
As soon as the foundation of the bridge is settled, the workforce moves to the structural supports of the bridge which hold the entire bridge in place.
The design for the supports is chosen to fit the application of the bridge, its load bearing capacity, the structure of the bridge, the area it covers, etc. These governing factors determine the type of Steel bars and plates to be used for the girders. Most of the times, these steel rods have strong resistance capacity against erosion and tied very firmly with the concrete material to maintain stiffness and durability of the structure.
3. Assembly of the bridge deck
The deck components are now fully constructed with Steel and are developed earlier for the bridge constructions and delivered to the site to set up. The modification from concrete elements to metal elements is done to increase the longevity and strength of the bridge. The assembly of the deck components is complicated for finding out the load-bearing strength of the bridge. The components are assembled by cranes and firmly fabricated with welding process.
4. Concrete reinforcements
The assembly of the Steel components are designed in such a manner to maintain adequate space for the concrete material to be poured in due course. The concrete slab is poured in the structural setup to secure firmly with the Steel parts and fortify the strength of the structure. The structural steel rods and beams are designed and formed with ribs and lugs so that the concrete material is not elapsed from the surface. It is a tightly-packed combination of the materials that will make the safety on the bridge better.
5. Final checks and tests
As soon as the entire bridge is erected according to the design and application, asphalt is placed on the road to improve the strength of the bridge. The bridge is then examined for its load bearing strength as well as the capacity of the road for the traffic to be tolerated. After completing all the final checks, the bridge is ready for the movement of traffic.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free