How to work out the shuttering area of column footing
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will learn how to measure the area of shuttering for column footing. The video is very important for civil engineering students.
The shuttering will be applied in PCC and footing.
The computation of shuttering area is very simple. The temporary structures (mould) in building construction are called as Shuttering or formwork.
The shuttering allows in the concrete pouring to attain required shape. It facilitates the structural member to acquire adequate strength to bear its self-load and load from other members.
There are various types and sizes of shuttering in the building construction for several members with diverse shapes.
The Shuttering area is calculated in Square meters or in Square foot based on the type of unites to be applied. The shuttering is computed by working out the surface area that is affixed with the concrete surface once the concrete is poured.
The shuttering area calculation is completely simple for each structural members since it is only required to work out the area of the member over which concrete is going to poured.
Different types of formwork materials are utilized for footings which range from plywood, wooden plank or even steel shutter. Types of Formwork (Shuttering) on the basis of Structural Member:
Formworks are primarily utilized in the construction of reinforced concrete foundations, columns, slabs, walls etc., and these are termed as follows:
• Footing Forms – Formworks for foundation
• Column Forms – Formwork for RCC Column construction
• Wall Forms – Formwork for RCC wall construction
• Floor Forms – Formwork for construction of RCC Slabs
Column Forms – Formwork for Concrete Column Construction
Reinforced concrete column forms can undergo lateral pressure due to their small cross section, large heights and comparatively high rates of concrete placement. So, it is important to arrange tight joints and strong tie support to the formwork.
When the sizes of concrete column are raised, the stiffness of the formwork should also be raised by either elevating thickness of sheathing or adding vertical stiffeners to get rid of sheathing deflection.
Go through the following video tutorial to learn the detail process for measuring the shuttering area for column footing.
Video Source: CE&T-Civil Engg & Technology
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free