Types Of Concrete Cracks During Visual Inspections
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Throughout visual inspection, sketches or maps or patterns play an important role to find out the type and reason of cracks usually formed in concrete structures.
It can also minimize the time and effort required to detect the causes for crack initiation. Given below, the details of several type of cracks found in visual inspections.
1. Cracks Caused By Earthquake
Cracks occur in both beams and columns because of seismic forces.
2. Cracks Owning To Bending and Shear Forces
Cracks occur in a beam because of bending moment (vertical cracks at the middle of the beam) and inclined or diagonal cracks adjacent to beam supports resulting from shear forces.
3. Cracks Caused By Column Settlement
Cracks occur owning to several settlement of columns at the top of the column that has been settled and at the top side of the slab adjacent to the column that does not encounter settlement.
4. Cracks Owing To Ground Condition Changes
Cracks occur because of low temperature as well as dryness.
5. Cracks Caused By Concrete Settling
The horizontal cracks are found in visual inspection of concrete structures due to concrete settling.
6. Cracks Caused By Sinking of Timbering
Crack pattern occurs due to the sinking of timbering. Therefore, inappropriate formwork results in developing such type of cracks in reinforced concrete element.
7. Cracks Caused By Bowing of Formwork
The cracks occurs owing to the span of formwork that have bowed or deflected extremely.
8. Map of Cracks Caused by Abnormal Set of Cement
The pattern of cracks occurs because of uncommon set of cement.
9. Cracks Caused By Insufficient Reinforcements
The sketches of cracks which are formed because of insufficient reinforcement ratio. The cracks are formed along the span of the beam.
10. Cracks Caused By Atmospheric Conditions
The pattern of cracks found in structural wall because of atmospheric condition variations like high temperature or moisture.
11. Crack Pattern of Fire Effect
The cracks in reinforced concrete beams and columns happen because of fire exposure.
12. Cracks Owing to Freezing and Thawing Cycles
The Sketches of cracks occur because of freezing and thawing cycles.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free