Concrete Used in Construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Concrete is extensively used as a building materials all through the globe because of its powerful strength, stability, low-maintenance, energy-efficiency, sustainability.
Given below, a common application of concrete in the civil engineering field.
1. Concrete Dams: Due to extreme strength and unit weight, the concrete becomes very effective for building up various types of dams. The concrete has the capacity to resist the loads enforced on the dam owning to extreme water pressure.
2. Residential Buildings: The concrete is used as a major component in building up small buildings, villas as well as high-rise buildings with conventional or modern form-work as a method of construction for the skeleton varying from foundations to the slabs and the columns and beams.
3. Commercial Buildings: As compared to other construction materials, the concrete is safer to be applied in commercial buildings. It is less expensive than steel buildings and the maintenance work is less.
The concrete can be used to keep the heat under control when it is transmitted from inside to outside and in reverse which decreases the energy consumed.
4. Roads or Driveways: Concrete streets, pavements, and driveways are very long-lasting and harder than asphalt roadways. The concrete is widely accepted for the construction of roads & driveways for its longevity and less maintenance.
Also Read: How to estimate different types of concrete work
5. Marine Construction: Concrete is also extensively used as a material for seawalls, jetties, groins, breakwaters, bulkheads, and other structures that are uncovered to seawater. The performance record is generally very satisfactory.
6. Culverts and Sewers: Due to its sturdy and long-lasting nature, the concrete is very effective for sewers and underground construction works. The special concrete mix is used to construct culverts, piers, foundation, and abutments.
7. Foundations: The foundation of high-rise or low-rise buildings is normally built up with reinforced cement concrete since it is long-lasting and contains a huge load-bearing strength.
8. Fences: The up-gradation in the precast concrete industry has made the industry of concrete fences. The production & installation of the fence components become rapid with precast as compared to the conventional system of concrete fence construction. Besides, it is good-looking and more attractive.
9. Concrete Bridges: The concrete is considered as the most important material for bridge construction due to the strength, stability, ductility, weather resistance, fire resistance, and long-lasting life cycle of reinforced concrete.
Several types of concretes like pre-stressed concrete, post-stressed concrete, self compacted concrete are applied in bridges construction.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free