Beam & Slab Reinforcement Details
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Beams are generally arranged with main reinforcement on the tension side for flexure and transverse reinforcement for shear and torsion.
Tension Reinforcement: The least tension reinforcement is expressed with the formula given below :-
As = (0.85bd/fy)
Where, As denotes Minimum quantity of tension reinforcement,
b denotes breadth of the beam,
d denotes effective depth,
fy denotes strength of reinforcement in N/mm2,
D = Complete depth of the member
The least tension reinforcement (As) should not remain under the value of (0.85bd/fy).
And the highest quantity of tension reinforcement should not be in excess of the value of 0.04bd.
Compression Reinforcement: Stirrups should be arranged with the compression reinforcement in beams for lateral restraint. The highest quantity of compression reinforcement should not go beyond 0.04bd.
Side Face Reinforcement: Just when the depth of web or rib in a beam surpasses 750 mm, the side face reinforcement of cross sectional area at the very least 0.01% of the web zone should be provided and dispersed in the same way on two appearances and the dividing of the bars should not exceed 300 mm thickness which one is smaller.
Tramsverse of Shear Reinforcement:
The least quantity of shear reinforcement is measured with following formula :-
Asv ≥ (0.4bSv/0.87fy)
Here, Asv means Total cross-sectional area of stirrups legs in shear.
Sv means distance of stirrups across the length of the member.
b means the breadth of the beam or the web in a flanged member.
fy means characteristic strength of stirrups reinforcement that should not exceed 415 N/mm2.
For vertical stirrups, the highest spacing of shear reinforcement should remain under 0.75d and for inclined stirrups d is taken as 450.
The highest limit of spacing is 300 mm.
Slab Reinforcement Details: The details of slab reinforcement are given below :-
With adherence to IS 456:2000 Minimum Reinforcement in Slab is as follow :-
0.12% of Gross area(B*D) of slab, when HYSD, CTD bars are applied.
0.15% of Gross area (B*D) of slab, when mild steel bars are applied.
Generally, the slabs are designed for 1m length.
There, here B = 1m= 1000mm.
D = Overall depth of beam along with cover.
d = Effective depth of beam
d = D - cover - half diameter of main reinforcement.
Highest spacing of main bars in slab is 3d or 300mm whichever is less.
Highest spacing of distribution bars in slab is 5d or 450mm whichever is less.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free