Details about building components used from foundation to parapet
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this exclusive civil engineering video tutorial, you will learn the applications and functionalities of different types of building components which are utilized in foundation, super structure, sub structure and parapet.
When any load bearing structure is constructed over the ground, PCC or plain cement concrete is provided in the base so that the structure can’t keep in touch with the ground to get rid of moisture and settlement.
Then step footing should be provided for the load bearing structure. For framed structure, a framed footing should be provided towards upper section.
The structure that is situated under the ground is called foundation or sub structure. The ground level is located over the foundation and the structure above the ground level is called plinth. Plinth level remains above the ground level up to the floor level immediately. The plinth level encompasses total build up area.
The height of the plinth level remains little high as the doors are changed after some periods and the height of the doors are increased gradually. If the plinth level goes under the road level, the repairing work becomes very complicated. The plinth level provides safety against penetration of rain water.
Also Read: Download free customizable Building Estimation Templates
Damp proof course is also provided in the plinth level so that the moisture can’t penetrate to the upper direction from ground. DPC is provided where plinth level is ended. The DPC also resists moisture penetration from ground level to the wall of super structure so that the plaster of the building is not damaged or patches are visible.
The height of the plinth may vary from 300 to 600 mm. In average the height can be taken up to 450 mm. The appearance of the building is mainly dependent on the plinth level. Initially sand filling is done in the plinth level and after that flooring concrete is provided. After that floor tiles are arranged. Then damp proof course is provided with thickness 20 to 25 mm.
To get more information about this, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Civiconcepts
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free