How to Calculate Number of Bricks and Quantity of Cement and Sand in Mortar
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This construction video provides the process of estimating the quantity of cement, sand & bricks for brick masonry. The proportion of mortar is considered as 1:6 for this tutorial and I have considered the volume of brick masonry as 1 cubic meters. The size of the brick is 190 mm x 90 mm x 90 mm.
Mortar Thickness = 10mm
Ratio = 1 : 6 (i.e. 1 is cement and 6 is sand)
Volume Considered = 1 cum.
Volume of 1 brick with mortar = 0.2x0.1x0.1 = 0.002 cum.
Number of bricks in 1 cum = 1/0.002 = 500 nos.
Volume of 1 brick = 0.19x0.09x0.09 = 0.001539 cum.
Volume covered by 500 nos. of brick = 500x0.001539 = 0.7695 cum.
Volume of mortar = 1-0.7695 = 0.2305/wet cum.
Dry colume of mortar = 0.2305x1.33 = 0.306565/dry cum.
Cement = 0.306565x1/7x1440 = 63kg = 1.26 bags
Sand = 0.306565x1/7x35.3147 = 9.28 cft (cubic feet)
Video Source: L & T - Learning Technology
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free