Retaining Wall Cost Estimate
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This civil engineering article provides some useful guidelines to make estimate of retaining wall that is built with stone masonry.
Retaining Wall Estimate
Retaining walls stand for relatively firm walls to mainly provide support for the soil laterally in order to maintain it at various levels on the two sides. The purpose of the retaining walls is to hold back the soil to a slope that it would not usually keep to (generally a steep, near-vertical or vertical slope).
The retaining wall is erected to withstand the lateral pressure of the soil, when a change is occurred in ground elevation that surpasses the angle of repose of the soil.
To construct a retaining wall, the average cost is approximately around $50 per sq along with the materials and labor costs.
Retaining wall estimate is done in the following ways
1. Cubicle content (cubic meter) of concrete L x H x thickness of wall
2. Shuttering on both side in Sq. M
3. Quantity of reinforcement
4. Consider the excavation section and back filling also
5. Work out the above quantities to find out the total cost by multiplying the unit rates with quantity
Estimation For Retaining Wall
1) Calculate RCC work with shuttering and centering. Do not include reinforcement with bending of bars. Also work out the total quantity of shuttering work and volume of concreting.
Also Read: How to calculate volume of concrete retaining wall
2) Measurement of steel reinforcement - It is done by creating a bar bending schedule. It provides the total quantity of steel necessary for building up the retaining wall. At first, the reinforcement of stem is estimated based on the distribution of main bars and distribution bars, then the quantity is worked out for active earth pressure and passive earth pressure.
Secondly, the reinforcement for toe and heal is estimated for main and distribution bars together with the length and width of retaining wall to bear the tension and compression.
3) Finally, the rate analysis is done with the help of rates provided for each quantity.
To get more clear ideas, go through the following exclusive construction video tutorial.
Video Source: Engineer Boy
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free