How to check the quality of bricks
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video, Sami Ullah, the renowned civil engineer, presents some useful construction tips for selecting standard quality of bricks in the construction site.
If you use good quality bricks, you can make your home will be stable with strong wall. So, it is recommended to examine the quality of bricks prior to use them in the construction site. Besides, poor quality bricks decreases load bearing strength of brick wall as well as impacts the appealing design of the building.
Given below the details :-
Bricks should be homogenous in shape, size and color.
The edges of the bricks should be sharp, straight and right angle.
The bricks should contain uniform texture.
The bricks should be from cracks, flaws, lumps of lime, lamination, air holes and any defect or stains. Broken surface of good quality bricks should come with consistent, compact and fine structure.
When a brick is stricken with another brick they should not be broken. Besides, a metallic ringing sound should be produced.
Good quality bricks should contain uniform color like red, cherry or copper-colored.
If the bricks are dropped from the height of 1.2 to 1.5 meter, they should be unbroken.
Crushing strength of good quality bricks shouldn't be under 3.5 N/mm2.
If bricks are scratched with thumb-nail, no marks should be appeared on good quality bricks to ensure its firmness.
Good quality bricks shouldn't break when dropped on ground on their flat face in a saturated state from about two feet height in a saturated condition. In this way we can be assured about its strength.
If the bricks are emerged in the cold fresh water for 24 hours, the water absorption capacity should not surpass 20% of its dry weight.
Video Courtesy: Civil Engineers
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free