Details About Circular Prestressing In Concrete
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Prestressing refers to a compressive force to the concrete to prevent the stresses which are caused by an applied load.
The purpose of Circular Prestressing is to specify the prestressing of circular structures like pipes and tanks where the prestressing wires are threaded in circles.
In linear prestressing” the cables remain either straight or curved, but not threaded in circles around a circular structure.
In several prestressed circular structures, prestress is provided in both circumferentially and longitudinally, the circumferential prestress is circular and the longitudinal prestress is linear.
Applications of prestressed concrete tanks?
Prestressed concrete tanks are extensively utilized for the storage of fluids, like water, oil, gas, sewage, granular materials like cement, process and liquids chemicals, slurries and more recently, cryogens.
The applications of prestressed concrete poles?
Prestressed concrete poles are presently mass produced and mostly found in railway power and signal lines, lighting poles, antenna masts, telephone transmission, low and high voltage electric power transmission and substation towers.
Benefits of prestressed concrete poles
The prestressed concrete poles provide the following benefits :
a) Protect from erosion in humid and temperate climates as well as in desert areas.
b) Safeguard from freeze – thaw in cold areas.
c) Due to light weight, it can be handled easily.
d) Clean and clear in appearance and maintenance cost is very low.
Benefits of Prestressed concrete Sleeper
The prestressed concrete sleeper contains a technical requisite for high-speed and heavy-density tracks from the point of maintainability of track geometry and riding comfort requirements.
Categories of prestressed concrete sleeper
The prestressed concrete sleeper is categorized as follow :
a) Two block sleepers - These are attached by a pipe stuffed with concrete and having high tensile bars for compressing the concrete in the blocks.
b) Longitudinal sleepers - These are situated continuously under the rails and attached with flexible tie bars for gauge retention.
c) Beam type single piece prestressed concrete sleepers - These are same as the traditional wooden-type sleeper in shape, length and supporting area.
Two common failures of prestressed concrete tanks.
Common failures of prestressed concrete tanks are as follow :
a) Distortion of the pre-cast concrete units throughout construction.
b) Manufacturing defects led to out of tolerance units being supplied to the site under examination and may have impacted the strength to get a good seal.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free