Trial Mix Concrete
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
A concrete mix means a combination of five most important components in different ratios of cement, water, coarse aggregates, fine aggregates (i.e. sand), and air.
Supplementary components like pozzolanic materials and chemical admixtures are also integrated into the mix to retain specific desirable properties. A concrete mix design refers to a method of choosing constituents for a concrete mixture and deciding on their proportions. While designing a mix, consideration should be given on the desired strength, durability, and workability of the concrete for the project in question.
The perfect proportions of these constituents should be maintained to optimize their concrete mixes and retain concrete strength, durability, workability, and other desirable properties. In this way, the lowest cost of the concrete as well as highest strength of the mixture can be maintained.
The concrete trial mix procedure allows the construction professionals to examine the strength, workability, compactness and other properties of concrete mixes. Trial mixes play an important role while using new materials or admixtures. Trials are also useful while setting up batch data.
The estimated mix proportions should be examined through trial batches.
The quantity of material should be adequate for minimum three 150 mm size cube concrete samples.
When trial mix is necessary, the Number of laboratory or site mixed batched should be mentioned or agreed among the purchaser and producer with the materials which should be used for the work.
The workability of each trial batches should remain same as the proposed supply inside the tolerance provided in 3.5 (Max free water/cement ratio) of BS5328 Part 4. THREE cubes should be created for each batch for test at 28days.
Also Read: Classification of Concrete Mix Design
The average compressive strength of the three cubes tested at 28 days should surpass the specified characteristic strength by minimum 10N/mm².”
The concrete trial mix design is prepared to analyze either the design mix would be implemented according to assumptions. When there is appreciable variation, accessible alternatives are :-
Directly apply the trial mix ratios at the site. Rectify the trial mix ratios depending on the intuition and apply the modified ratios at the site.
Produce further trial mixes integrating changes in the ratio on the basis of the feedback obtained from the previous mix.
To get more details, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Tutorials Tips
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free