Some useful guidelines on the construction of RCC foundation
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Foundation of any structure retains complete weight and enhances the strength of the structure. Prior to create the design for the foundation, the structural engineers make analysis of the depth of strata for resting the foundation on the basis of its bearing strength.
Foundation is an important section of the structure that is located underneath the plinth and transmits the load from superstructure to footing.
Footing is the structure that connects directly with ground and disperses load over a greater area, RCC footings are provided in load bearing structures. The purpose of the footing is to maintain the durability of a structure of the building. Prior to arrange RCC Footing, the following points should be taken into consideration :-
Ensure the top surface of PCC is in level with spirit level or tube Level for dispersing the identical and balanced load over footings. PCC resists steel cage to keep in touch with soil strata directly, its right level certifies that the structural grade concrete is used up according to design and perfect cover is provided to bottom reinforcement.
Verify that inside dimensions of shuttering (Length, Breadth, Depth) is maintained according to size, shape and dimension recommended by architectural and structural engineer.
Verify that the joints among shuttering and formwork are water resistant in order that there will be no loss of slurry that results in honeycombing or awful finish. Existing gaps among the shuttering panels should be closed with shuttering tape etc.
Ensure that alignment and placement of footing is maintained according to centerline suggested by the architect with measurement tape and strings rather applying level. Calculate center to center distance among footings.
Make sure that shutterings to RCC footings are sufficiently stable to bear the load of concrete. Examine the formwork that is arranged for reinforcement is clean and does not any flaw.
Verify the diameter, number of bars, interval among the bars and the placement of bars should be according to the structural drawings.
Make sure effective depth of RCC footing is maintained according to structural drawings. To get effective depth, subtract cover from the total size of RCC footing.
Cover to RCC footing should be provided as per instruction of the structural designer. Cover is a space among reinforcement and shuttering which safeguard against deterioration of steel implanted in RCC, because of exposure conditions.
Usually, there exist two types of cover in market as per concrete grade.
Make sure that the support given to column reinforcement is strong so that column should not drop.
The pour height of concrete should be under 1.5mts, to get rid of segregation of concrete mix. Required arrangements for chute, pump etc. should be created to control concrete fall under 1.5m.
There should be perfect concrete compaction with needle vibrators for getting superior in-situ results. Make sure that there are exact safety provisions on construction site like helmet, safety shoes, gloves etc.
There should be also perfect lighting provisions on site to perform work smoothly in night.
Post Shuttering Removal
1. Curing for RCC Footing should be performed minimum for 10 days from the date of concreting.
2. If there is any honeycombing, bulging, crack on RCC footing then it should be corrected with appropriate method statement as instructed by structural engineer.
3. Eliminate all nails, binding wires, concrete flakes from finished footing.
Important Note: Backfilling should be performed only after curing period of all footings are completed, if schedule allows delay as much as possible.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free