Details about specific gravity of cement
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Specific Gravity refers to the comparability among the weight of a volume of a specific material to the weight of the same volume of water at a particular temperature.
We take the value as 3.15 (truly 3.12-3.19). 3.15g/cc signifies the cement is 3.15 times higher as compared to the water of the equivalent volume.
Importance of measuring this value for cement
Generally, the aggregates are originated from stockpiles, which may be vulnerable to different conditions.
If the cement is vulnerable to severe moisture content then, the specific gravity of cement will fluctuate due to the existence of moisture content in the pores.
Every material contains solid particles and pores and water may be included in them.
Generally, the nominal mix design is dependent on the value of specific gravity of cement as 3.15. The value will fluctuate in due course of time if the cement is vulnerable to different weather conditions. So it is vital to find out the specific gravity of cement prior to apply it.
So, it is suggested not to stock old cement as there may be external moisture content in it.
Importance of specific gravity of cement: The water cement ratio is a crucial factor. It is directly proportional to workability and the strength of a bonding. If there is already more moisture in cement then the value of water cement ratio will actually influence the workability and strength instead of escalating it.
If the specific gravity of cement is exceeding 3.19 then, the cement is either not crushed delicately by adhering to the industry standard or it contains more moisture content for which the mix and bonding will be hampered. For this reason, various chunks will be present at the time of mixing old stock cement for concrete.
To get more details, go through the following video tutorial.
In order to know how to work out the specific gravity of cement, go through the following article civilology.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free