Benefits of End Bearing Pile in Construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
End bearing piles alias point-bearing piles can be applied to transmit superstructure load to a sturdy stratum like rock or very dense sand and gravel via soil with low bearing strength.
They derive most of their load bearing strength from the resistance of the sturdy soil layer at the end of the pile.
The end of the pile should be infiltrated into the hard strata by no less than three times the diameter of the pile. This measure obtains the full advantages of the ultimate strength of the hard layer under the pile tip. Prefabricated piles and auger type pile are applied as end-bearing piles.
The end bearing piles move across weak soil and build upon strong soil layer, thus functions similar to a column. As a result, the design of this type of pile is same as a reinforced concrete column. Buckling failure is not taken into the design of the end bearing pile if not parts of it run through water or air.
Importance of End Bearing Pile:
• The hard strata under weak soil layer should be attained other than that friction pile has to be utilized.
• End bearing pile reduces settlement to a great extent, so it is highly recommended for buildings in which settlement is not possible.
• End bearing pile is applicable when a building undergoes heavy concentrated loads.
• Huge variations in sub-soil water level.
• Existence of canal or deep drainage lines adjacent to the foundations.
• When huge money is required for raft foundation or due to local difficulties raft foundation is not possible.
The end bearing pile is mainly used for the followings :-
1. High-rise structures
2. Bridges structures
3. Water tanks.
1. It undergoes low settlement in terms of other types of pile like floating pile. For this reason, this type of pile is mostly suitable for multi-story buildings.
2. The end bearing piles are normally utilized in the most of the construction sites.
3. End bearing pile is precast to specifications.
4. They are prefabricated into any length, shape, and size and applied on-site to curtail the time for completion of the work.
5. Due to end bearing pile, buckling failure does not occur in weak soil apart from if it goes through air or water.
6. The pile builds on hard stratum that could be harder than the steel for the maximum design load that can be applied.
7. The cost of pile construction is reasonable as its length is indicated on the basis of the depth of firm soil layer.
8. The length of the applicable pile is measured simply on the basis of bedrock depth that is acquired from soil exploration borehole records.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free