How to design and estimate the quantity of concrete in a staircase
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Renowned engineer Sami Ullah has presented an exclusive video tutorial where he briefly explains how to design a staircase as well as estimate the quantities of concrete (sand, cement, aggregates) in a staircase.
The calculation is made based on the following dimensions :-
The height of the staircase is taken as 10 feet and breadth is taken as 4 feet.
The height of the riser is 6 inch or 0.5 feet and tread is 12 inch or 1 feet.
Hypotenuse (the longest side of a right-angled triangle, opposite the right angle) is taken as 13.41 inch or 1.11 feet.
The waist thickness in staircase is taken as 6 inch or 0.5 feet.
The length of the waist from top of the bottom is taken as 21.5 feet.
Initially, you have to find out number of riser with the following formula :-
Total Height/Height Of Riser = 10/0.5 (after putting the values from above) = 20
So, the number of risers in a staircase will be 20.
To find out volume of one step, the following formula is used :-
Vol. of one step = ½ x 0.5 x 1 x 4 (as HT = 0.5; Tread = 1 feet; breadth = 4 feet) = 1 cft.
To find out total volume of steps, the following formula is used :-
Total volume of steps = 20 x 1
Volume of waist = L x T x B = 21.5 x 0.5 x 4 = 43 cft.
To gather more information, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Sami Ullah
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free