How to find out the materials quantities in a concrete slab
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will learn the step-by-step process for determining the materials quantities for a concrete slab. The materials include cement, sand, coarse and fine aggregate.
In the video, the length of the slab is taken as 30 feet, breadth 18 feet and thickness 6 inch or 0.5 feet.
The concrete mix ratio is taken as 1:2:4 (1 part cement, 2 parts sand and 3 parts aggregates). By summing up, we get 7.
To find out the volume of slab, the following formula is used :-
Length x Breadth x Thickness = 30 x 18 x 0.5 = 270 cubic feet
The result obtained is wet volume.
To convert it to dry volume, just multiply it with 1.5 i.e. 270 x 1.54 = 415.8 cubic feet.
So, dry volume of concrete slab is 415.8 cubic feet.
The quantities of cement can be obtained in the following way :-
Cement = ratio of cement/sum of ratio x dry volume = 1/7 x 415.8 = 59.4
To convert it to bags, divide the quantity of cement with volume of one cement bag.
59.4/1.25 = 47.52 = 48 bags
So, number of cement bags required is 48.
The quantities of sand can be obtained as follow :-
Sand = 2/7 x 415.8 = 118.8 ft3 (same process followed for finding out the cement quantities)
The quantities of aggregates can be obtained as follow :-
Aggregates = 4/7 x 415.8 = 237.6 ft3
To get online demonstration, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Online Engineers
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free