How to find out the quantity of water in a concrete mix
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, the eminent engineer S.L. Khan, briefly explains the process for estimating water of the concrete mix.
The quantity of water is computed in liters or gallons. Here, the calculation is made for cement, fine and course aggregates which are vital components of the concrete mix.
Suppose, the proportion of concrete mix is 1:2:4 (one part cement : two part sand : four part aggregates).
At first, the calculation is performed for finding out the total volume of aggregate as follow.
Volume of one cement bag = 1.25 cft or 0.0354 cu.m
Volume of sand or fine aggregates =0.0354 x 2 = 0.07 cu.m.
Volume of crushed stone or coarse aggregates = 0.0354 x 4 = 0.141 cu.m.
Total volume of aggregates =0.07 + 0.141 = 0.211 cu.m.
Here, 5% water is chosen of aggregates volume, like
water for aggregates = 0.221 x (5%/100) = 0.01055 m3 or 0.01055 x 1000=10.55 liters (as 1 cubic meter is equivalent to 1000 liters).
Assume 11.667 (3 gallons) litres water for one cement bag that is 1/3 of cement bag volume.
Therefore, Water for cements = 11.667 liters
Now, total quantity of water = water for cement + water for aggregates.
Therefore, total quantity of water = 11.667 + 10.55 = 22.217liters
To get online demonstration, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free