Some useful guidelines for designing the RCC slab
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, the renowned engineer, Sami Ullah, introduces some useful guidelines which are essential to create the design of any RCC slab.
This video is very vital for civil engineering students.
The steel bars having least diameter of 12 mm should be applied for RCC slab.
Highest diameter of steel bars should not be in excess of D/8 (D signifies depth of RCC slab).
In case, the thickness of the slab is 6 inches, then the maximum diameter of steel bar will be 6/8.
Maximum spanning of main bar should be 3D or 300 mm (D denotes depth of RCC slab).
In case, the depth of the slab is 3 inches, then the maximum spanning should be 3 x 6 = 18 inches or 1.5 feet.
Maximum spanning for distribution bar should be 5D or 450 mm.
Minimum spanning for main bar and distribution bar should not be under 75 mm in RCC slab.
The depth for one way and two way slab should be L/22 to L/28 (here, L denotes length of the slab). It is based on thumb rules.
In case, the length of the slab is 14 feet, the depth will be 14/22 = 0.63 feet. To covert the value in inches, multiply with 12 i.e. 0.63 x 12 = 7.56 inches.
In RCC slab, the percentage of the steel should be 0.2% to 0.5% with X cross section area.
In case the cross section area of the slab is 25 feet, then the quantity of steel should be 25 x 0.2 = 5 feet
To get more details with graphical representation, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Sami Ullah
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free