Details Of PCC & How To Measure Concrete For Street
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Plain Cement Concrete alias PCC stands for a construction material that is mostly utilized as binding materials.
The main ingredients of PCC are cement, (usually Portland Cement) and other cementitious materials like fly ash and slag cement; aggregate (normally a coarse aggregate is formed by gravels or crushed rocks like limestone or granite along with a fine aggregate like sand); water, and chemical admixtures.
Specifications Of Plain Cement Concrete (PCC)
PCC: Materials Specifications
Aggregate is made of invert materials and should have been clean, thick, solid, sound, long-lasting, non-absorbent and the ability to make strong bond with mortar.
Coarse aggregate is made of hard broken stone of granite or equivalent stone without any dust, dirt and other foreign matters. The size of the stone ballast shall be 20mm and lesser. All the coarse material should be provided in a 5mm square mesh and should be well graded to keep the voids under 42%.
Fine aggregate is created with coarse sand comprising hard, sharp and angular grains and it should move across a screen of 5mm square mesh. Sand should contain standard specifications, clean and without dust, dirt and organic matter. Sea sand should not be utilized.
Cement should contain fresh Portland cement of standard ISI specifications and shall contain the necessary tensile and compressive stresses and fineness.
Water should be clean and does not contain alkaline and acid matters and convenient for drinking purposes.
PCC: Proportion Specifications:
1:2:4 (cement : sand: stone ballast) by volume when indicated. Minimum compressive strength of concrete of 1:2:4 proportion should retain as 140 kg/cm2 in 7 days.
PCC: Hand mixing
Mixing should be carried out on the masonry platform or sheet-iron tray.
PCC: Machine mixing
Stone ballast, sand and cement are provided to cement concrete mixer to obtain the required proportions.
Slump: Regular slump test is conducted to manage the addition of water as well as retain the desired consistency. A slump of 7.5cm to 10cm is permitted for building work.
Laying Method: Concrete should be placed smoothly (not thrown) in layers not beyond 15cm and compacted by pinning with rods and tamping with wooden tampers or through mechanical vibrating machine till a dense concrete is formed.
Curing Method: When two hours are completed for placing the concrete and the concrete starts to get solidified, it should be wrapped with wet gunny bags or wet sand for 24 hours to keep it damp.
If you want to find out the quantity of concrete for PCC in road construction, go through the following exclusive video tutorial presented by the renowned engineer S.L. Khan.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free