Job for Senior Construction Estimator
- Application of concrete calculator
- Excel Sheet for contractor estimating
- Detailed Estimates in Seconds
- Largest Dam in the World
- New Construction Cost Calculator
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Software for Quantity and Cost Estimation
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Cost Analysis and Project Management
- Commercial painting contractors
- Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Estimating with Excel Part4
- Enhancing the estimating process
- 30-story building built in 15 days
- Estimating with Excel Part8
- Detailed Cost Estimates in Seconds
Layne Heavy Civil has an opportunity for a Sr. Estimator to join our team in Fairburn, Georgia (near Atlanta). The Senior Estimator will primarily work with our operations staff to review project plans and specifications and shall perform the pricing and bidding of water and sewer utility projects.Layne is a global water management, construction and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for water, mineral and energy resources.
- Review of bid opportunities and participate in decision to bid.
- Coordinate, review and submit prequalification packages.
- Perform detailed review of plans, specifications, bonding and legal requirements.
- Visit jobsites to evaluate existing conditions.
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs.
- Determine appropriate labor and equipment costs.
- Compare and analyze subcontractor and supplier quotations.
- Assist with material buy out and subcontractor agreements post bid.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with clients
Position Qualifications / Requirements / Preferences:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in estimating municipal water and sewer projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of means, methods, costs and engineering principles.
- Experience with estimating software such as Hard Dollar or HCSS.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.