The benefits of using plastic bottles in building construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Due to cost-effectiveness and sustainable characteristic, the plastic bottles are becoming popular for building construction. In this construction article, detail information is provided concerning use of plastic bottle in walls, roofs as well as their advantages in buildings.
The plastic bottles are also utilized as a building block material same as bricks for small scale construction.
Advantages of Building Construction with Plastic Bottles
The plastic bottle provides the following advantages to the building construction:
• The total waste produced is fewer
• The source of building material is local. No extra cost is needed for this purpose.
• The natural resources are conserved
• The carbon footprint is decreased
• The plastic bottle is economical
• The technology can be easily employed
According to the type of material of the bottle, it can be applied for various types of construction. Infill plastic bottles are utilized for wall infill. As soon as they are developed, the plastering is done on the exterior. If glass bottles are used in buildings, they offer light transparency and structural aesthetical effects.
The sand is applied to fill the bottles to provide good insulation against scorching heat specifically tropical heat. It also produces a comparatively cool atmosphere within the building.
Vertical Bottle Wall Construction: The house built up with a bearing frame, contains a wall that can be filled with any materials. These materials range from a waste, sand etc. Then, plastering is done over top.
Bottles arranged in right side up inside a frame will form a vertical bottle wall. The bottles which are lying on their side will develop the horizontal bottle wall.
The method is used for the preliminary construction of the build structural frame. Later the bottles are assembled and filled with infill materials. The bottles are then utilized to fill the cavities in the wall.
To hold the bottle jointly for maintain superior structural integrity an overall frame along with the steel wires can be utilized. To fulfill the spaces in the bottle, loose bottles are placed. To maintain a clean finish, plastering is done.
Horizontal Bottle Wall Construction: Under this type of construction process, the bottles are placed horizontally in courses among the structure. As soon as the frame for the building is formed, the bottles are placed horizontally with mortar in between and for the finish.
By applying chicken wire, the bottles can be retained enclosed. With Pieces of rebar, it can be cast to the frame that is constructed. To tie the steel wires, nails or screws are utilized.
The plastic bottles are employed in the construction of roofs largely in its crushed state. They have a good water resistance capacity.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free