Understanding Plinth Area in Building Construction
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This civil engineering article briefly explains the plinth, plinth area, plinth level, plinth height etc.
1. Plinth: Plinth is built up over the ground level.
It is defined as the ground floor of the building. According to building bye law, plinth always remains over the ground level or road level.
Plinth is the border which separates the substructure and superstructure. Simply, the Plinth belongs to the bottom section of superstructure and located upper from the ground level.
2. Plinth Level: The level at which Substructure is ceased and superstructure is started known as Plinth level. It is the section of the superstructure among natural ground level and Finished floor level.
3. Plinth height: The plinth height is captured from the natural level or ground level or road level to plinth level. Plinth level stops surface water penetration into the building. It safeguards the superstructure against dampness or moisture. Plinth height resists overflowing drainage from ingressing the building.
Note: The plinth height should remain among 300 - 450 mm from ground level. It is suggested to retain minimum plinth height 150 mm from natural level.
Note: To determine the plinth Area, the exterior wall of floor should be calculated perfectly.
The followings should be included in the plinth Area:
Also Read: Construction Process Of Plinth Beam
a) Area of each Wall.
b) The wall that is common regarding two building, half area of that wall should be considered in measuring plinth area.
c) If there is open Veranda with parapet that is safeguarded with the projections then all the areas (Parapet wall + wall from top side + grills) should be included.
d) Staircase room specifically Head Room should also be taken into consideration.
e) If the Balconies which is safeguarded with the projections, then all the areas (i.e Parapet wall + wall from top side + grills) should be considered.
f) Only 50% area should be considered for exposed balconies by projections.
g) Plinth area = Carpet area + wall thickness
h) Cost of the plinth area = plinth area (sq. meter) x Rate of cost in per sq. m.
The following areas should be excluded from the calculation of the Plinth Area:
1. Terrace Area
2. Open staircase
3. Loft area
4. Lift room
5. Entrance Porch is included.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free