Detail Process For Preparing Bill of Quantities (BoQ)
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
A Bill of Quantities (BoQ) comprises of the total materials based on which the architectural design of a construction project is completed, as for instance a house or other structure. The BoQ provides almost correct quotes for the project.
A quantity surveyor or civil engineer having skills at estimating the materials necessary for a project, mainly create BoQs.
Arrange a spreadsheet for your bill of quantities with columns for the item numbers, description, unit of measurement, quantity, rate for the item, labor, and total cost for the item. The item numbers should be sequential, beginning from 1. Restart the item numbers for each section or category of the build.
The columns for the rate for each item and total costs are inserted by contractors who bid on the project. Usually, there will be no values in those columns at the time of drafting the BoQ.
Formation of a List of Materials to Complete the Project
Based on the architect's plans, write a basic list of all the necessary building materials necessary and the amounts required of each. It comprises of wiring, hardware, and other fixtures.
1. As for instance, when the construction of a house is in progress, different types of components like framing materials, sheetrock, bricks, concrete, flooring materials, wiring, lighting fixtures, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures will be required.
2. Specify the unit of measurement for each of the materials. It may be a standard unit. For instance, the gallons or liters will be the unit of measurement for the paint that is included in the list of materials.
3. As soon as the required materials are decided, fill them in on your spreadsheet. For instance, in case paint is required for your project, record "green paint" next to item #1.
In the column for unit of measurement, the "gallons." should be written. Then provide the required number of gallons in the quantity column.
4. For waste, 15-20% should be taken into consideration for material calculations.
Split the Project Into Specific Sections or Categories
As several sections of your project are managed by different contractors or subcontractors, break up your list of materials into those sections. In this manner, each contractor or subcontractor can find out the exact project cost.
1. While constructing a house, there are different sections like "framing," "plumbing," "electrical," "kitchen," "bath," and "flooring."
2. Some materials may drop under more than one section. For instance, if there are "framing" and "flooring," the same nails should be utilized for both of them. So, it is required to divide the overall number of nails that is measured between the two.
Work Out the Labor Necessary to Complete Each Section
Benefits of Maturity Method Test on Concrete
With regards to the amount of work to be completed, find out the number of man-hours required for finishing. It should be a conservative estimate as some workers are competent as compared to others.
1. Get an idea from the contractors regarding how many hours it will be required to complete a given part. A quantity surveyor can easily compute this depending on their experience with related projects.
Prepare the Initial Cost Estimate According to the Architect's Design
Explore the average prices for the materials and labor in your area through different hardware stores . To get an idea about labor prices, consult with the contractors in your area who deal with the identical projects.
1. By adding the material prices and your labor costs, you can get a fair idea of how much amount will be required to finish the project.
2. Take a print of the individual copy of the BoQ for your preliminary cost estimate. Usually, this information is not provided on the official BoQ that is delivered to contractors for bids. It should be applied to compare bids obtained from contractors to discover the best bid for your project.
Draft a Schedule As Per the Estimates in the BoQ
As soon as you get the labor estimates, you can know how long it will be required to finish your project.
1. For instance, if you've estimated that 1,000 man-hours will be required to build your house, assuming the contractors work 40 hours a week and there are no interruptions, it would require 25 weeks to complete your house. However, to consider delays, planning for it to take 30 to 40 weeks.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free