Basic differences among Short Column & Long Column
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Several types of columns are utilized in structures. This article provides the detail information on how to differentiate among the short column and long column.
Definition of Short Column:
If the ratio of a column's effective length to its lowest lateral dimension does not surpasses 12, it is known as a short column.
Definition of Long Column:
If the ratio of the effective length of a column to its lowest lateral dimension surpasses 12, it is known as a long column.
Variation among Short Column And Long Column:
1. The ratio of the effective length to its lowest lateral dimension remains below 12.
1. The ratio of the effective length to its lowest lateral dimension remains higher than 12.
2. The slenderness of the short column remains under 45.
2. The slenderness of the long column remains higher than 45.
3. Less radius of gyration.
3. The higher radius of gyration.
4. The load-bearing strength of the short column is higher as compared to the long column.
4. The load-bearing strength is fewer as compared to a short column of the similar cross-sectional area.
5. Greater than a long column and highly recommended.
5. Weaker than short column and normally not recommended.
6. The short column is susceptible to compressive stress.
6. Long column is susceptible to buckling stress.
7. Mechanical failure mostly happens because of shearing.
7. Long columns are susceptible to fail because of buckling.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free