Some useful tips to set the total station in the job site
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
A total station alias TST (total station theodolite) belongs to an electronic/optical instrument that is mostly utilized in present surveying and building construction.
The total station stands for an electronic theodolite (transit) combined with an electronic distance meter (EDM) with the purpose of studying slope distances from the instrument to a specific point.
Follow the given steps to arrange the total station to any place :-
1. Expand the legs of the tripod as much as necessary and fasten the screws tightly.
2. Arrange the tripod to retain the tripod plate as horizontal as possible and the legs of the tripod are rigid in the ground.
3. Now, just put the instrument on the tripod and fix it with the central fixing screw.
Levelling-up the instrument: After setting up the instrument, level it up roughly with the bull’s-eye bubble.
Move two of the foot screws jointly in opposite directions. The index finger of your right hand points to the direction in which the bubble will proceed (example, top right).Now apply the third foot screw to place the bubble in middle point (example, bottom right).
To verify, revolve the instrument 180°. Then, the bubble should stay inside the setting circle. If it fails to do so, then readjust it again.
For a level, the compensator automatically looks after the final levelling up. The compensator mainly comprises of a thread-suspended mirror that leads the horizontal light beam to the middle point of the crosshair in case there exist residual tilt in the telescope (example, bottom).
When you gently tap a leg of the tripod, then (assuming the bull’s-eye bubble is in middle) you can check how the line of sight moves back and forth about the staff reading and always remain stagnant at the similar point. In this manner, it is possible to check whether or not the compensator can swing without restraint.
Arrange the total station over a ground point
1. Set the tripod roughly over the ground point.
2. Examine the tripod from all sides and rectify its position with the intention that the tripod plate is approximately horizontal and over the ground point (example, top left).
3. Put the tripod legs tightly into the ground and with the help of the central fixing screw fasten the instrument on the tripod.
4. Turn on the laser plummet (or, for older tools, browse with the optical plummet) and rotate the foot screws in order that the laser dot or the optical plummet is set middle on the ground point (example, top right).
5. Set the bull’s-eye bubble in the middle by modifying the lengths of the tripod legs (example - below).
6. Once levelling up the instrument is done properly, discharge the central fixing screw to relocate it on the tripod plate unless the laser dot is set in the middle perfectly over the ground point.
7. Fasten the central fixing screw once more.
For more information, visit the following website onlinecivilforum.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free