The properties of good quality bricks
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Due to cost-effectiveness, longevity and easy to handle nature, clay bricks are considered as most recognized building materials. Clay bricks are extensively utilized for exterior walls, partitions, piers, footings and other load bearing structures.
Standard quality bricks contain the following properties :-
01. Brick Earth: Brick earth does not contain stones, kankars, organic matter, saltpetre and damaging chemical etc.
02. Size: The bricks should be made with consistent size as well as plain, rectangular surfaces containing parallel sides and sharp straight edges. The bricks with standard and consistent size are recommended for building construction. Good bricks should maintain tolerances in length under 3 mm and 1.5 mm tolerances in width and height.
Standard size of brick is 190 x 90 x 90 mm.
03. Shape: Good bricks should have consistency in shape. Edges of bricks should have been sharp, straight and at a right angle.
04. Colour of Brick: Good quality brick should have been burnt perfectly and should contain homogeneous copper colour. If the bricks are burnt excessively or under burnt, they loss equality of colour on the surface and strength.
05. Soundness: I a brick is burnt properly, it will provide a metallic sound if it is hit by a hammer or another brick.
06. Hardness: The brick should have been so firm that if it is scratched with a finger nail no effect occurs.
07. Strength: The Compressive strength of brick should have been lowest 35 N/mm2 as stated by IS code.
08. Texture and Compactness: The surfaces of brick should not be so smooth so that slipping of mortar may happen. The brick should contain pre-compacted and homogeneous texture. A fractured surface will not demonstrate cracks, holes, grits or lumps of lime.
09. Water Absorption: Water engrossment capacity of good brick should not be over 20 percent of its dry weight if it is absorbed in water for 24 hours.
10. Frog in Brick: Brick should contain an exact frog so that the mortar is filled in the frog in a perfect manner. The size of frog should be 100 mm in length, 40 mm in width and 10 mm depth.
Good quality bricks have strong resistance power against atmospheric effects. In areas where sufficient clay is found, brickwork is inexpensive. But these days natural soil is unavailable in sufficient amount and therefore the demand for substitute building materials like fly ash brick, AAC block, drywall etc. is increasing rather than clay bricks like.
Article Source: gharpedia.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free