Which Type of Cement is Used for Mass Concrete Work
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In concrete construction, different types of cements are utilized. They have their own properties , applications and benefits.
Given below, the details about them :-
(1) Ordinary Portland Cement: Ordinary Portland Cement is frequently used in concreting work. It functions as the perfect bonding material with cohesive & adhesive properties to combine various construction materials and develop the compacted assembly.
(2) Portland Pozzolana Cement: Portland Pozzolana cement is formed by grinding Pozzolana clinker with Portland cement and inclusion of Gypsum or Calcium Sulphate. It contains superior resistance capacity against several chemical attacks on concrete. It is suitable for dams, piers , bridge , sewage works.
(3) Rapid Hardening Cement: Rapid Hardening Cement attains high strength in few days . it's very effective where formwork are eliminated at initial phase. Rapid Hardening cement attains it’s strength within 3 to 7 days and the water cement ratio is equivalent to ordinary Portland cement ( p.p.c). It is inexpensive as the curing period is less. It has good resistance capacity against sulphur..
(4) Quick Sitting Cement: In this type of cement, the setting time is less and hardening is fast. It sets in roughly 10–15 minutes. It is suitable for under water construction as well as settling concrete steps.
(5) Low Heat Cement: Low Heat cement is formed by retaining the proportion of tricalcium aluminate under 6% with the proportion of C2S.
This cement is formed in low heat of hydration and this type cement is utilized in gravity dams because the low heat of hydration resists the cracking of concrete caused by heat. It’s initial sitting time is higher as compared to O.P.C
(6) Sulphate Resisting Cement: The purpose of Sulphate Resisting Cement is to provide strong protection against the sulphate attack on concrete. It is effective for foundation construction high content of sulphate is included in soil. Sulphate resisting cement is applied in construction subjected to strong sulphate action by water and soil in areas like canals lining , culverts , retaining wall etc.
(7) Blast Furnace Slag Cement: Blast Furnace slag cement is formed by grinding the clinkers with 60% slag. It has long-term compressive and flexural strengths as well as higher stability and resilence.
(8) High Alumina Cement: High Alumina Cement is formed by dissolving mixture of bauxite and lime and grinding with the clinkers. It’s initial and final sitting time is 3.5 and 5 hours . The compare strength and workability is high with regard to ordinary Portland cement. It is effective for the areas where temperature is high and frost and acidic action may occur.
(9) White Cement: It is formed with raw materials without iron oxide. It’s color is white. It is expensive and mostly utilized in architectural purpose like precast curtain wall , facing panels , terrazzo surface etc. It is also useful for interior and exterior decorating work of facing slab , flooring , swimming pool , path of garden etc.
(10) Color cement: It is formed by mixing pigment mineral 5-10% with ordinary cement. These are commonly applied for decorative works in floor.
(11) Air Entraining Cement: Air Entraining Cement is formed with inclusion of native air entraining agent like glues , sodium salts of sulphate etc at the time of grinding of clinkers. This cement has superior workability with small water cement ratio as well as frost resistance of concrete.
(12) Expansive Cement: Expansive cement stands for special type of cement when combined with water develops a paste that tends to increase in volume to a considerable greater extent after setting. Expansive Cement expands with time and dose not shrink during and after the time of Hardening. This cement is commonly utilized in anchor bolts and prestressed concrete.
(13) Hydrographic Cement: Highdrographic Cement is formed by blending water repelling chemical and attains the high strength and workability. It is suitable for construction water structure like dams , water tank , spilling , water retaining structure. It offers hard-wearing repairs that will stay for long period of times.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free