Different Roofing Materials and Terminologies
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
The following types of materials are found in a roof - Concrete roof, Steel truss roof, Fiber roof, ACC (asbestos cement sheet), GI (galvanized iron sheet), Asphalt shingles, Wooden shakes & shingles, Slate, Tiles (clay & cement).
Concrete roof – It stands for a solid slab of concrete capping the top of any house. It safeguards building from storm winds.
Fiber roof – It belongs to a plastic or fiber sheet containing specific length, width and thickness that is applied as roofing material.
Steel Truss roof:
1) Planar truss – A planar truss is situated in a single plane. It is mostly utilized in parallel to build up roofs.
2) Space frame – A space frame truss belongs to a 3d framework of members nailed at their ends.
ACC roof – ACC roof alias Asbestos cement sheet roofing comprises of either corrugated sheets or semi corrugated sheets as required. Normal slope for ACC roof remains 4 in 12. The dimensions of ACC roof vary from 10’ x 3.5’, 8’ x 3.5’, 6’ x 3.5’.
GI roof – Corrugated galvanized iron sheet (CGI) is normally utilized in temporary roofing and permanent roofing. The accessible lengths are 8,10,12,14 feet and widths are 2.5,3,4 feet.
Asphalt shingles – It is one of the popular roof shingles. It is mostly recognized due to less cost and simple installation process.
Wood shakes and shingles - These are thin, tapered segments of wood mainly utilized for covering roof of buildings to safeguard them from weather.
Slate – It is a fine grained, foliated uniform metamorphic rock that is applied as roofing material.
Tiles – It belongs to a manufactured section of a durable material like ceramic, stone, metal normally applied to cover the roof.
Some useful terms used in roof construction:
Shingles – It stands for a rectangular tile made of wood or asphalt that is applied on roof.
Square – Material requires to provide cover for 100 sqft area of roof surface.
Length – Longitudinal parameter
Width – Lateral parameter
Thickness – Vertical parameter
Pitch – It is vital criterion in roofing. Based on the pitch/slope of a roof, specific materials can or can’t be utilized.
The slope of a roof is divided into the following categories :-
Flat roof – (anything under a 2:12 pitch)
Low slope – (a 4:12 pitch to a 2:12 pitch)
Steel slope – (a 4:12 pitch to a 21:12 pitch)
Coverage – Numbers of layers of materials which are used.
Exposure – Number of cm (or inches) of shingles left uncovered over bottom edge.
Lap – Amount of material of a shingles covered with other shingles. (top lap, head lap, side lap).
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free