How cement is applied in different types of engineering structures
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Now-a-days, the cement is taken as the most vital construction material for constructing different types of engineering structures.
Cements may be applied independently (i.e., “neat,” as grouting materials), but generally the cement is combined with mortar and concrete through inactive material called aggregate to develop a sturdy binding material. Go through the following points to learn the diverse usages of cement:
1. The most crucial application of cement is to produce concrete and mortar.
2. Cement mortar is useful for masonry work, plaster, pointing, etc.
3. Cement concrete is applied for placing floors, roofs, constructing lintels, beams, weather sheds, stairs, pillars, etc.
4. It is utilized for developing vital engineering structures like bridges, culvert, dams, tunnels, storage reservoirs, light houses, docks, etc.
5. It is also applied for building water tanks, tennis courts, septic tanks, lamp posts, roads, telephone cabins, etc.
6. It is applied for creating joints for drains, pipes, etc.
7. It is utilized for manufacturing precast pipes, garden seats, artistically designed urns, flower pots, dust bins, fencing posts, etc.
8. It is applied for formation of foundations, watertight floors, footpaths, etc.
9. It is used for developing fire-proof structures in the form of concrete as well as building acid-resistance and water-resistant structures.
10. Colored cement is used for beautifying or coloring the structures.
11. It can be used to shotcrete (a term for both wet-mix and dry-mix versions) the tunnel or geological walls to make the structure strong.
Some of the cons of cement:
1. Structure once constructed with cement, can’t be dis-positioned or reused as well as reprocessed like plastics or steels.
2. Cement structure are very weighty. So, while constructing skyscrapers, cement is substituted with steel structures.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free