Various types of Reinforcement in footings or types of mesh found in foundation
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In footings, there exist various types of Reinforcement. The reinforcement in Footings should be added for tension requirements. Normally, the percentage of reinforcement in footings remains among 0.5% to 0.8%.
Based on the load analysis, the structural engineer design the type of Mesh to be utilized in footings. Given below, the details of various types of mesh (reinforcement) utilized in several types of footings or foundations.
Normally, four types of reinforcement are found in footings or foundations:–
1. Plain Mesh: This type of Mesh is generally found in Plain or Isolated or combined footings. It is suitable for low-rise buildings. Prior to provide plain mesh, one should analyze the load in relation to this mesh and take decision whether the type of mesh is compatible with the load or not.
Under this type, the bars are arranged as a grid. It may contain bars with various diameter and spacing in either direction. There may be or may not be the variation with the spacing in both directions.
2. Mesh with hooks (Hook Mesh): This type of mesh is ideal for low rise and high rise buildings. The footing is reinforced as grid and at the ends of the mesh, the bars are attached with hooks. If the ends of the bars are bent, the exact anchorage of the reinforcement is obtained. If the hook length is given as 9D, here D denotes the diameter of the bar.
3. Footing Mesh up to the depth of Footing: It has similarity with the Plain footing. In this type, the bars are bent at ends up to a height of footing. The concrete cover of 1″to 4″is arranged in all the sides of footing.
4. Raft Mesh: This type of Mesh is found in Raft footing. Raft footing is effective when soil bearing strength is very low. In this type, Mesh is segregated into two parts, Top mesh and Bottom Mesh.
Initially, the bottom mesh is set on covering blocks, ends of a bottom mesh are bent at an angle of 90 degree up to a height of 50D where D means Diameter of Bar. After that the top mesh is affixed with the bottom mesh in reverse direction. Besides, the top mesh is equivalent to bottom mesh bent with 90 degrees but a supplementary bar of 50D is not arranged since it is already provided with bottom mesh.
The 50D supplementary bar is arranged either on bottom or top mesh.
Single ring along with double ring are joined with top mesh and bottom mesh to retain the perfect framework. The rings facilitates the Steel reinforcement to get rid of distortion in any direction. Minimum Diameter of Bars for rings should be 6 mm.
In single ring, Raft mesh rings are provided in only one direction either horizontal or vertical; but in Double ring System, the rings are arranged in both the direction.
Article Source: civilread.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free