Various types of Suspension Bridge and its usages
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
A suspension bridge refers to a bridge that includes its deck suspended through suspension cables, which generally covers towers and affixed firmly at the ends. Subsequently the deck is fixed with vertical suspenders connected with the suspension cables having a catenary shape. Amid diversified range of bridges, the suspension bridge comes with greatest lengths ranging from 70 to 2000 meters.
The lengthiest suspension bridge in the globe is the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge in Japan, containing 3911 m length and a span of 1991 m.
A typical suspension bridge denotes a continual girder suspended by suspension cables, which move across the main towers because of a special structure identified as a saddle, and finished at big anchorages that grasp them. These suspension cables are load on tension. Lateral loads on the bridge are hindered partially with deck flexural stiffness as well as with gravitational resistance of the main cables. The deck, generally a truss or box girder (even plate girders are not uncommon), is attached with the suspension cables through hangers, which are also load on tension.
The main towers carry forward the complete load to the soil. The suspension cables should be cautiously balanced with the intention that the force dragging inward on the towers is the same with the force dragging outward. Therefore, the weight pushes directly downward into the base of the tower, to be functional just on compression (involving other forces like wind, earthquakes, etc).
Towards the end of the bridge, large anchored are located to grasp the suspension cables. These anchors are useful for grasping all the tension of these cables in a effective and secure way.
Types of Suspension Bridges – In order to categorize suspension bridges, characterize it through stiffening system: suspended stiffening truss bridges and suspension bridges having overhead braced-chain construction. Since braced-chain bridges are usually uncommon and as a result highlights on deck-stiffened suspension bridges.
The suspension bridge contains diverse length side spans and the bridge deck will be suspended either in all three spans or in the main span only, if the side span cables operate cleanly as backstays to the towers.
There are lots of variations: the main cable level is placed even lesser as compared to the deck or bridge, can self-anchored and so on. The most typical suspension bridge refers to single-span outwardly anchored bridge having truss or portal shape pylons and two main cables having vertical hangers.
For more information, visit noppa.aalto.fi/noppa/kurssi/rak-11.3001/materiaali/Rak-11_3001_lecture_08_2.pdf
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free