Some vital points for site civil engineer
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Before visiting the construction site, a civil engineer should be familiar with specific vital factors like basic terms, codes, values, tests etc.
Test on Fresh Concrete:
1. Slump Test – Workability.
2. Compacting Factor.
3. Vee- Bee Test.
Test on Hardened Concrete:
1. Rebound Hammer Test.
2. Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Test.
Densities of Several Construction Materials
Steel = 7850kg/Cum
brick=1682kg/cum or 1920kg/cum
R.C.C-2500kg/cum (5% STEEL)
Some Vital Points to Consider:
1. Least thickness of slab should be 125 mm.
2. Water absorption should be under 15 %.
3. Dimension tolerance for cubes + – 2 mm.
Also Read: Some vital notes for civil engineers
4. Lapping should not be provided for the bars with diameters in excess of 36 mm.
5. Maximum chair spacing should be 1.00 m (or) 1 No per 1m2.
6. For dowels rod, the diameter should be minimum of 12 mm.
7. The bars with minimum diameter of 12 mm should be utilized for chairs.
8. Longitudinal reinforcement should not remain under 0.8% and over 6% of gross C/S.
9. Minimum bars for square column should be 4 No’s and 6 No’s for circular column.
10. Main bars in the slabs should not be under 8 mm (HYSD) or 10 mm (Plain bars) and the distributors should not be below 8 mm and not in excess of 1/8 of slab thickness.
11. Least thickness of slab is 125 mm.
12. Dimension tolerance for cubes + 2 mm.
13. Free fall of concrete is permitted maximum to 1.50m.
14. Lap slices should not be utilized for bar greater than 36 mm.
15. Water absorption of bricks should not be in excess of 15 %.
16. PH value of the water should not be under 6.
17. Compressive strength of Bricks is 3.5 N / mm
18. In steel reinforcement necessary binding wire should be 8 kg per MT.
19. In soil filling as per IS code, 3 samples should be selected for core cutting test for each 100m2.
20. Compressive strength of Bricks should be 3.5 N /mm2 .
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free