A position is vacant for Senior Environment Artist
- Sketchup parametric urban design
- SimLab 3D PDF exporter 3.1
- Sketchup full frame wood 2.0
- Easysketch Sketchup Plugin
- Instant Roof Nui Plugin
- Scene Generator Plugin
- Maxwell Render Suite 3
- SketchUp Instant Wall Plugin
- LightUp version 3.3
- Curtain Wall Plugin
Senior Environment Artist, Crystal Dynamics
Location: Redwood City, CA
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a Senior Environment Artist having outstanding expertise in environment modeling, texturing and lighting that will be able to work in tandem with the creative teams to achieve successes. The successful candidate has to informally guide as well as supervise more Junior level talent, and may own one or more definite areas of the game.
Get chances to perform with the recognized Art Directors, Artists and Designers for producing dynamic 3D environments for games at the company’s own studio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the designing team and able to create worlds from initial concept to complete, polished form through a combined creative and technical effort.
- Understand and preserve look and artistic integrity of the games.
- Apply avant-garde 3D graphics methods ranging from executing physics based spaces, high poly modeling (Maya and ZBrush) Baking normal and displacement maps from high-poly to game-res meshes, Shader manipulation, Modular construction and assembly techniques, Knowledge of baked and dynamic lighting models, Post Effects, etc.
- Produce visually compelling, impressive, successful and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments with the help of strong drawing, texturing, and lighting skills and a sound knowledge of spatial relations and structural logic.
- Conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule and at the same dynamically engaging in resolving technical and artistic issues.
- With the application of custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Work without help and in tandem with Designers to accomplish assigned projects.
- 7+ years' experience in the game development industry on AAA console titles with a similiar style to the latest Tomb Raider reboot.
- Sound spatial sense and desire for good composition.
- Microsoft Word, Maya, ZBrush (preferred) and Photoshop experience.
- Added advantages for Architecture or traditional art background, cinematography experience
SPECIAL NOTE: A portfolio submission, with a focus on personal contributions to your projects, is essential for this position. So include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Portfolios should include the following:
- 10-15 best examples of your work (Maya renders in addition to in-game screen shots or video).
- Applicable complete shots of level layout and/or environment vista.
- 3-5 Mesh shots (that show efficiency & good work process)
- 3-5 Texture Sheets including diffuse, spec and normal maps (that shows correct use of maps, efficient use of UV space and artistic skill)
- Examples of lighting
Interested? Apply now
Image Courtesy: www.spawnfirst.com
- V-Ray for Sketchup
- LumenRT LiveCubes from Sketchup
- Penggunaan Ivy Plugin
- 3d Sketchup Render Section
- Plugins in Sketchup 2013
- Kitchen Designing with Sketchup
- Skalp for SketchUp
- Land F/X Sketchup Plugin
- Sketchup ETFE modeling
- Section Cut Face Plugin
- NPR perspective in SketchUp
- 7 most striking features of Sketchup 2014
- Array along path in Sketchup
- Component with Sketchup
- OctaneRender for SketchUp
- Auto eye Plugin for Sketchup
- Layers and Scenes with sketchup
- Drawing roof in Sketchup
- Watermarks to a sketchup model
- Realistic looking grass in sketchup
- Drawing in sketchup
- Materials in v-ray for sketchup
- Animation in Sketchup and Enscape 3D
- Dome light & HDRI feature in v-ray
- Exterior lighting with vray
- Photo-realistic render in sketchup
- Trimble Site Contractor SketchUp
- Ten most powerful sketchup plugins
- 3d model with Sketchup
- Realistic grass through Vray Fur
- Tiny house with Sketchup
- Vray 2.0 for Sketchup 2015
- Trimble MEPdesigner for SketchUp
- Thea Render Plugin for Sketchup