RCC Footing Calculation
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this exclusive civil engineering tutorial video, you will learn how to measure the quantity of steel for RCC footing of a G+3 building through bar bending schedule in excel.
Format of excel will contain several heads like group, shape of bar, span of member, straight of length, additional length for L, numbers of footings, numbers of bars as well as total cutting length.
Under the diameter of each bar, weight of bar per meter is also worked out.
The following formula is used to compute weight of bar per meter.
D2 / 162 (here, D stands for diameter.)
The weight of bar per meter for 6 mm bar = 0.22 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 8 mm bar = 0.395 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 10 mm bar = 0.617 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 12 mm bar = 0.889 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 16 mm bar = 1.58 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 20 mm bar = 2.47 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 25 mm bar = 3.86 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 32 mm bar = 6.32 kg per meter
The weight of bar per meter for 40 mm bar = 9.88 kg per meter
Group is divided as Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, Group 5 etc. In Group 1, there are total 15 footings. The bars are provided in both direction (x, y) in footing.
In group 1, the length of footing and width of footing is given as 1.3 meter and 1.2 meter.
Now, it is required to work out the straight length of the bar. To perform this, the cover should be deducted from both sides of footing. 50 mm or 0.5 meter cover is provided to both the sides of the footing.
Also Read: RCC Footing Details And Types
So, straight length = footing length – 2 x cover
Now, it is necessary to provide extra length that will be bent at the depth section of the footing to create the shape of L. It is normally chosen as 130 mm or 0.13 meter. So, 0.13 meter will be provided in the cell arranged for extra length.
In group 1, the number of bars are arranged as follow :-
9 bars of 10 mm diameter in x direction and 8 bars of 10 mm diameter in y direction.
In footing, 10 mm diameter bars are only used.
The formula for working out the total cutting length is given as follow :-
Total cutting length = [Straight Length + Extra Length] x Numbers of footings x Numbers of bars.
In this way, one can find out the total length of bars for all the footings in each group.
Finally, all the lengths will be added together to get the total length of bars for all the groups of footings.
To get more clear idea, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Unite Constructions And Unite Coaching
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free