How To Make Steel Calculation In Slab
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this exclusive civil engineering article you will learn how to make steel calculation in slab with steel calculation formula.
Mainly three types of RCC slab are found in construction work i.e. Flat slab, one way slab and two way slab.
Two types of steel reinforcement are provided in RCC slab - one is main bar that is useful for shortest distance with greater dimension and second one is distribution bar that is useful for longer distance with lesser dimension. It is also known as longer span bar.
Thumb rule for Steel essential for RCC slab should be 80 kgs/m3, then quantity of steel essential for 100 sq ft ( 0.944 m3) RCC slab is equivalent to 80 × 0.944 = 75.5 Kgs.
Mild steel bars (IS: 432, part-I -1982) are mainly provided for tensile stress of RCC (Reinforced cement concrete) slab, beams etc. in reinforced cement concrete work. These steel bars are plain in surface and contain round sections of diameter from 6 to 50 mm.
How To Find Steel Quantity In Slab
In order to calculate the quantity of steel in a RCC slab, the following steps are followed :-
1. Create a bar bending schedule to categorize the bars for various shapes (bent up, straight anchor bar , eos bar, curtail bar etc) and dia’s.
2. Make a list of all the shapes of bar available in the drawing.
3. Compute the no of bars of each of those shapes.
4. After that workout the cutting length of each of those bars with the following formula.
Cutting length of bar = length of the member - deduction for cover on both sides + development length
5. After that workout the unit weight of each dia bars.
d^/162 where d denotes the dia in mm and weight (w ) should be provided in kg
6. Then determine the weight of rebar with the following steel calculation formula.
Weight of rebar= no of bars x cutting length x unit weight
7. Sum up all the weight to obtain the total steel quantity.
In order to get more details about how to calculate quantity of steel in slab, go through the following exclusive video tutorial presented by renowned engineer S.L. Khan.
Video Source: Engineer Boy
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free