Column and Foundation Load Calculation
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This civil engineering article will teach you how to work out the loads for column and footings design.
Categories of Loads Acting on Column:
1. Self weight of the column x Number of floors
2. Self weight of beams for each running meter
3. Load of walls for each running meter
4. Total Load of slab (Dead load + Live load + Self weight)
The columns are also exposed to bending moments which should be included in the final design. It is suggested to use specialized structural design software like ETABS or STAAD Pro for designing a good structure.
The structural loading measurements are done on the basis of the following assumptions :-
For Columns: Concrete's self-weight should be roughly 2400 kg per cubic meter that is equal to 240 kN.. Steel's self-weight is about 8000 kg per cubic meter.
If we consider the column size of 230 mm x 600 mm containing 1% steel and 3 meters standard height, the column's self weight should be about around 1000 kg per floor, that is identical to 10 kN. Here, the column's self-weight is taken between 10 and 15 kN per surface.
For Beams: It is assumed that each meter of beam contains dimensions of 230 mm x 450 mm without slab thickness. Therefore, the self weight is about 2.5 kN per running meter.
For Walls: Brick density differs from 1500 to 2000 kg per cubic meter. We may measure the load per running meter to be equivalent to 0.150 x 1 x 3 x 2000 = 900 kg and equivalent to 9 kN/meter for a 6″ thick wall with a height of 3 meter and a length of 1 meter. Apply this method to measure load per running meter for any form of brick.
The weight per cubic meter varies from 550 to 700 kg per cubic meter for autoclaved, aerated concrete blocks such as Aerocon or Siporex.
The wall loads per running meter is as low as 4 kN/meter when these blocks are utilized for construction, the wall loads per running meter can be as low as 4 kN/meter, that can lead to a significant cutback in construction costs.
For Slab: Suppose the slab is 125 mm thick. Now every square meter of slab would contain a self weight of 0.125 x 1 x 2400 = 300 kg that is identical to 3 kN. Now, suppose finishing load is 1 kN per meter and the live load superimposed is 2 kN per meter. The slab load can be measured as approximately 6 to 7 kN per square meter.
Factor of Safety: Finally, please do not forget to bring in the safety factor after working the complete load on a board.
The safety factor for IS 456:2000 is 1.5.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free