How to Calculate the Length of a Roof Rafter?
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Rafter Of Roof: Rafter is the gap from the roof's edge or hip to the outside wall's roof plate.
Span Of Roof: Span is the visible gap among the arch, beam, or roof truss supports.
Rise Of Roof: This is the vertical gap from the top of the ridges to the wall.
Pitch Of Roof: A roof's pitch refers to its vertical elevation across its horizontal span. The angle, or pitch of a roof, is measured by the number of inches for each 12 inches horizontal expansion. As for instance, there is a 6/12 pitch on a roof that goes up 6 inches per 12 inches of horizontal run.
There is not any existence of standard universal roof pitch. It differs with culture, environment, style, and existing materials. A pitch ranging from 4/12 to 9/12 is the most common roof pitch.
Pitch = Rise/Run
Run Of Roof: The run belongs to the distance from the exterior of the top plate of the wall to a point directly underneath the center of the ridge in roof framing. Simply put, the run is the span's half size.
In roof framing, the run is the distance from the outside of the wall’s top plate to a point directly below the center of the ridge. Simply stated, the run is the distance half of span.
Run = Span/2
The length of roof rafter is measured as follow based on the data provided below :-
Span = 30 ft.
Also Read: Different types of Roof Trusses construction for diverse lengths
Pitch = 5/12
Run = Span/2 = 30/2 = 15 ft.
Rafter length = Unknown
In accordance with Pythagoras theorem, a2 + b2 = c2
Run2 + Rise2 = Rafter2
Rafter = √(Run2 + rise2)
Pitch = 5/12
Rise/Run = 5/12
Rise = Run x 5/12 = 15 x 5/12 = 6.25 ft.
Rafter2 = Run2 + Rise2 = 152 + 6.252 =264.0625
Rafter = √264.0625 = 16.25 ft.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free