Different types of concrete grades and their uses
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This civil engineering article throws light on various grades of concrete and their mix ratios as well as their applications.
Overview of Grades of Concrete: Grades of concrete are denoted by the strength and composition of the concrete, and least strength the concrete is based on 28 days of initial construction. The grade of concrete is measured by MPa, where M belongs to mix and the MPa belongs to overall strength.
Concrete mixes are described in ascending numbers of 5, starting at 10, and demonstrates the compressive strength of the concrete after 28 days. As for example, C10 contains the strength of 10 newtons, C15 contains the strength of 15 newtons, C20 contains 20 newtons strength and so on.
Different mixes (M) are available in different mix proportions of several constituents of cement, sand and coarse aggregates. As for example, M20 is available in the specific ratio of 1:1:5:3.
How to select proper concrete grade for the construction job: Given below, the detail lists of some initial concrete grades and their applications :-
Suitable for: Patio slabs, pathways and non-structural work
Type: Domestic & commercial use
Suitable for: Pavement kerbs and floor blinding
Type: Domestic & Commercial
Also Read: Details of ordinary grades, standard grades of concrete and high strength concrete grades
Suitable for: Domestic floors and foundations (where the weight of structure will be lighter). Also ideal for workshop bases, garages, driveways and internal floor slabs.
Suitable for: Construction in all areas. Multi-purpose concrete mix, normally useful for foundations.
Type: Domestic & Commercial
Suitable for: Pathways and roadways (it is the lowest grade concrete mix that can be applied for this purpose). It is long-lasting as compared to the grades that have come before, and contains good weather-resistant capacity and sustain heavy road traffic.
Suitable for: Commercial structures. This heavy concrete mix is normally applied for creating external walls and slabs, as well as for structural piling.
Suitable for: Commercial construction sites, foundations development and beams for structural support and roads. It is long-lasting and can provide safeguard against chemical corrosion also. It is extensively applied on farms where slurry could decay structures, or in septic tanks.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free