How to apply XGen Tools within Maya for making Hair Fur and Geometry Instancing
- Project Manager v.2 for 3ds max users
- V-ray 3.0 for 3ds max users
- Thea Render 1.3
- V-ray 2.0 for Rhino
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro
- Trimble for Building Construction Contractors
- emPolygonizer4 for Maya
The following video tutorial is presented by Daryl Obert. In this tutorial he briefly shows how to utilize XGen tools within Autodesk Maya 2015 for producing 3 dissimilar exceptional effects which range from Character Short Hair/Fur Effect, Character long Hair Effect and Geometry Instancing Effect.
Daryl also focuses on thoroughly XGen user interface along the way. With XGen, the users will be capable of creating curves, spheres or custom geometry across the surface of a model. The users can manage these instances through a series of insightful tools like guides, curves, expressions as well as grooming brushes.
Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) is the developer of XGen tools. The successful application of this tool can be found in popular animated film like Tangled, Frozen etc.
XGen is an alliance amid the WDAS production and Autodesk software teams to offer all the 3D artists to apply some instinctive, imaginative tools for 3D animation like “grooming” tools for fur and hair for enhancing the appearance and feel of the characters and surroundings rapidly and effortlessly.
Watch the live demonstration of the XGen tools.
- Tiger Fighter
- 3d models with itSeez3D
- Plugins for 3ds max 2014
- Various 3d plant models
- Vray HDRI light
- Carbon Scatter 2015
- Correct math inside 3ds max & v-ray
- Lumion 5.0
- VFB+ v2.45 for 3ds Max
- UVW mapping tools inside 3ds max
- Cloth material with v-ray for 3ds max
- Shadow Catcher Plug-in in Cinema 4D
- Rigging and 3D Modeling Demo Reel
- Cinema 4D - Fluid Morph Effect
- 3ds Max 2015 State Sets Features
- Rendering of interior in V-Ray and 3d Max
- Object Scanning 3d models with itseez3D